Functions of the Institute of Nutrition and Health.
- The Institute of Nutrition and Health shall perform such functions as are directed and
assigned by the Federal Government or the Board, including,-
- Recommend policy, technical advice and research for nutrition sciences;
- Prepare education materials for the nutrition domain and conduct capacity- building activities for nutrition and dietary experts and students of various nutrition programs in national universities;
- Engage with universities and their students for various projects and research activities undertaken in the domain of nutrition;
- approving and commissioning research on nutrition and ongoing enhancements of role in the context of developments in the Nutrition Sciences; and
- Extend technical support to the federal and provincial nutrition cells and Federal and Provincial Governments for nutrition intervention planning and implementation.
- The Institute shall ensure that its advice, policies, material, research and reports are available to the general public on the website of the NIH.