Strengthening of Food Laboratories of
Nutrition Division (PC-I):
Islamabad Capital Territory Pure Food Act - 2009.
Assessment of nutritional status using bio- impedance along with counseling services.
Detection of Heavy Metals in water.
Document on Food Safety Management System through application of ISO 22000:2005 Standard for Small and Medium Enterprises.
Revision of Pure Food Rules, 1965.
Nutrition and Health Education training to dietitians and community health worker.
Formulation of therapeutic diet manual.
Training program on food Microbiology techniques for other institutions through international collaboration.
Community Nutritional screening and assessment through international collaboration.
Launch 02 research projects through international collaboration.
Strengthening of water quality testing Laboratory.
Recruitment of trained Main-power against vacant posts
1. Anis RA. Menu Planning. In: Asghar MA (ED) Food and Nutrition. Text Book. Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad. Printing Corporation of Pakistan. 41-57; 1979.
2. Anis RA. Nutritional requirements of Children. In: Tariq PN (ed) Caring and Rearing of Young Children. A Text Book. National Institute of Psychology, Islamabad. 63-85; 1983.
3. Saleem M. Bari M.A. Anwar S. Ahmad M. Burney M.I. FAO. Food contamination study and Control in Asia and Far East. (A Report on International Project) Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health, Islamabad 1984.
4. Khan MR. Vitamin Deficiency Diseases – Food and Nutrition, Text Book. Allama Iqbal Open University, Pakistan for International 1985.
5. Anis RA. Nutritional Disorders. In: Hassan I, Khan P; (eds) Food and Nutrition. Text Book Allama Iqbal Open University Islamabad. Fazal-e Rabi Press. 237-270; 1985.
6. Saleem M. Anis RA. Nutritional Anemia and Iron Status among Vulnerable Groups of Population Joint Report Nutrition Division National Institute of Health / PMRC. 1-20; 1985.
7. Khan MR. Importance of Trace Elements in Human Health, Midweek Edition, 1986.
8. Khan MR. A chapter on, Food for Prevention of Common Diseases in Pakistan, 1986“Food & Nutrition”, Allama Iqbal Open University, Pakistan. Text Book for Degree Course, 1987.
9. Khan MR. Situation Analysis on IDD, WHO EMRO, Alexandria 1987.
10. Khan MR. Study the impact of different interventions (iodized Oil / Salt) on prevalence of IDD in the endemic areas of Pakistan. A Report. 1987.
11. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Anwar S. Jaffar M. Estimation of Mercury on various Local Fish Spices and Relevant Waters. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan. 9.3; 1987.
12. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Anwar S. Jaffar M. Estimation of Certain Toxic Trace Metals in Various Local Commodities by Atomic Absorption Method, P.C.S.I.R., Journal 30.1; 1987.
13. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Anwar S. Jaffar M. Concentration of Selected Toxic Trace Metals in Some Vegetables and Fruits of Local Origin Pak. Agri. Society 24.2; 140; 1987.
14. Rowley DL. Rab MA. Bardjotabojo W. Liddle J. Saleem M. Sokal D. Falk H. Head L. So Convulsion caused by Endrin Poisoning in Pakistan. Paediatrics, 79.6; June 1987. (International Publication),
15. Ashraf M. Jaffar M. Saleem M. A Comparative Study of Physioc-chemical Parameters and Trace Metal Contents of Holy Water Zam Zam and Local Potable as ell as Hot Springs water P.J.S.I.R., 30.3; 201- 204; 1987.
16. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Anwar S. Jaffar M. An Atomic Absorption based method of estimation of Nickel in Vegetable Ghee, Physical chemistry, National Centre of Excellence in the Physical Chemistry, University of Peshawar, Published 1987.
17. Malik ZR. Khan MR. Anis RA. Food Nutrition for Hamari Ghaza Part 1 Mumtaz Aziz Press Nutrition Division, NIH Islamabad 1987.
18. Ali A. Hepatotoxic and Gonadotropic Effects of Aflatoxin B-1 in Mice, M. Phil. Thesis Department of Biological Sciences, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad – Pakistan 1987.
19. Khan MR. Food Sanitation of Pakistan, A Report. Japan Food Hygiene Association, Tokyo, Japan 1988.
20. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Anwar S. Jaffar M. Mineral Element Composition of Cereals Grains grown in Pakistan, Pak .J. Agric res. 9 .2; 1988.
21. Khan MR. et. al. Nutrition Situation in Pakistan. A gap in Medical Education UNICEF/ NIH Islamabad 1988.
22. Malik ZR. Anis RA. Balanced Diet and Food Composition Tables. Nutrition Division NIH Islamabad. T.S. Printers. 1-35; 1988.
23. Anis RA. Factors Effecting Food Choices. Food and Nutrition. Text Book. Allama Iqbal Open University. Islamabad 1988.
24. Khan MR. Anis RA. Rana IA. Nutrition and Infection. Pak J. Sc. Pak Assoc for Adv of Science. 39-40:107-113; 1988.
25. National Nutrition Survey of Pakistan. A Report. Nutrition Division NIH/Ministry of Health Government of Pakistan, Islamabad. Pangraphics 1-163:1988.
26. Charania BA. Malik ZU. Bhojani BA. Khan MR. Ali A. A Study of the Results of Ten Years Supply of Iodized Salt in Gilgit and Hunza, Eastern Mediterranean Region Health Surveillance Journal Alexandria, Egypt, EMR Health Serv. J. No.5: 12-18; 1988.
27. Saleem M. Ahmad M. Jaffar M. Study on the Microbiological Statue of Different Varieties of Local Foods Pak. Sci. Ind, res 32 .2; Feb. 1989.
28. Saleem M. Malik .S. A. Ahmad M. Saleem.N. Studies on Isoniazid Acetylation and Poly-morphism in Humans. JPMA 39.11; Nov. 1989.
29. Malik AR. Saleem M. Need and Development of National Standards and Specifications for Various Types of Milk and Milk Products Proceedings on Dairy Technology. Animal Sciences Institute, NARC Islamabad P 19, ISBN, 1989.
30. Munir MA. Saleem M. Ali AM. Malik AR. Incidence of Aflatoxins in Non-perishable Food Commodities, JPMA, 36 .6; June 1989.
31. Godwin P. Khan MR Anis RA. Akhtar T. Breast Feeding. What the Health Care Providers Believe. Nutrition Division NIH/UNICEF Islamabad. Pictorial Printers. 1-14; 1989.
32. Khan MR. Anis RA. Sughra F. Godwin P. Qualitative Survey of Peoples Perceptions on IDD in Hazara village. Joint Report. Nutrition Division NIH/CIDA Islamabad. 1-30; 1989.
33. Khan MR. Anis RA. Sughra F. Godwin P. Qualitative Study of Mothers Knowledge Attitudes and Practice about Breast Feeding. Nutrition Division NIH/CIDA. 1-34; 1989.
34. Khan MR. Rana IA. Under-Exploited Traditional Food Plants of Pakistan, A Report FAO Rome- Italy 1989.
35. Jabbar A. Anwar T. Ali A. Azhar M. Azhar A. Iqbal A. Malik SA. Isolation and Insecticidal Activity Assessment of Azadirachtin, An Active Principal from Neem. First National Conference on Chemistry, Peshawar, (Abstract) 48-49; 1989.
36. Khan MR. “IDD Control Programme of Pakistan” – A Paper. WHO Regional Meeting Tehran, Iran. Aug. 1990.
37. Saleem N. Mumtaz. A. Ghafoor A. Saleem M. Coronary Heart Disease Risk Factors in Higher Socio-economic Group of Population of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, Pakistan Heart Journal 23 (1) January –March, 1990.
38. Saleem M. Environmental Pollution and Future Conservation Strategy, the Pakistan National Conservation Strategy, Special Focus Sector Workshops, E E&UAD, UNDP ICUN, April- May 1990.
39. Khan MR. Saleem M. Anis RA. Ahmed M. National Nutrition Status. A Review. Rawal Med J. Pak Med Assoc. 18:90-93; 1990.
40. Khan MR. Anis RA. Sughra F. Ghafoor A. Godwin P. knowledge Attitudes and Practices about Breast Feeding among Urban Women. Nutrition Division NIH/CIDA 1-18; 1990.
41. Khan MR. “Health Education Experience in Food Safety in Pakistan”, Project. N.Pak/FOS/001, WHO, EMRO, Alexandria Egypt 1991.
42. Saleem M. Development of Tempe Based Weaning Food for Infants using Locally Available Cereals and Legumes, A Research Report, NRDC Bogor, Indonesia, 1991.
43. Saleem N. Saleem M. Ahmed M. Toxic Metals and Related Health Effects, National Health, April –June 1991.
44. Anis RA. Khan MA. Khan MR Nutritional Status of College Girls of Faisalabad City. Rawal Med J. Pak Med Assoc.19: 13-17; 1991.
45. Saleem M. Ihsanullah, Ghafoor A. Fatty Acid Content of Vegetable Oils and Fats Consumed by Pakistani Population. A Research Report, Nutrition Division, NIH, Islamabad, 1992.
46. Khan MR. Rizvi MZ. Anis RA. Training Manual for Teachers and Health Workers on IDD. Nutrition Division NIH/UNICEF Islamabad. Pan graphics 1-12; 1992.
47. Anis RA. Laboratory Management in Program against Micronutrient Malnutrition. A Report. PAMM, CDC Atlanta. USA. 1-15; 1992.
48. Ali A. Khan, MMR. Malik ZR. Chairnia BA. Bhojani FA. Baig SM. Impact of the Long Term Study of Iodized Salt to the Endemic Goitre Areas. JPMA 42: 6; 138-140; 1992.
49. Ali A. Iqbal A. Jabbar A. Rehman M. Impact of Drinking Water Quality and Iodine Content on Urinary Excretion of Iodine in Humans. Proceeding of Pakistan congress of Zoology, Pakistan 12: 399-405; 1992.
50. Ali A. Khan MR. IqbalA. Jabbar A. Baig SM. Mohammad A. Thyroid Hormone Profile of some Iodine Deficient Human Residents of Village Rumli Sharif, Distinct Islamabad, Proceeding Pakistan Congress of Zoology, Pakistan 12: 405-409; 1992.
51. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Hazards and Critical Control Points of Street Vended Chat, a Regionally Popular Food in Pakistan, American Journal of Food Protection. 55: 9; 708-713; 1992.
52. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Risks of Salmonellas and Staphylococcal Food Poisoning from Pakistan Milk Based Confectioneries, American Journal of Food Protection. 55: 8; 588-594; 1992.
53. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Hazards and Critical Control Points of Food Preparation and Storage in Homes in a Village and a Town in Pakistan, American Journal of Food Protection. 55: 9; 714-72; 1992.
54. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Hazards and Critical Control Points of Street Vending Operations in a Mountain Resorts Town, American Journal of Food Protection. 55: 9; 701-707; 1992.
55. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Hazards and Critical Control Points of Vending Operations at a Railway Station and a Bus Station in Pakistan, American Journal of Food Protection. 55: 7; 534-541; 1992.
56. Saleem M. Nazeer S. Effect of Cooking on Phytic Acid and Mineral Contents in Some Varieties of Cereals and Pulses. (M. Sc Thesis. University of the Punjab) 1993.
57. Anis RA. Khan MR. Ashfaq G. Tahir F. Amin K. Khan ZD. Prolactin Levels in Pregnant Women from Goitre Endemic and Non-Endemic Areas. 1st International Physiology Conference Postgraduate Medical Institute. Lahore 21-23 December. (Abstract) 1993.
58. Anis RA. Khan MR Arslan M. Aliya S. Saleem M. Endocrine & Clinical Assessment of Thyriodal Function in Pregnant Women & Neonates from Iodine Deficient Regions of Pakistan. WHO Report. Nutrition Division NIH, Islamabad 1-23; 1993.
59. Saleem M. (Co-supervisor) Ahsan AJ. To Study the Distribution of Some Essential Trace Minerals in Different Varieties of Bread. (M. Sc thesis. University of the Punjab) 1994.
60. Rajput AM. Khan MR. Saleem M. Anis RA Rizvi MZ. Taj S. Ahmed M. Assessment of Goiter among School Children Aged 8-10 years in Islamabad. Joint Report. Nutrition Division NIH/ UNICEF Islamabad. 1-13; 1994.
61. Anis RA. Saleem M. Khan MR. Nutritional Anemia with Reference to Iron Status in Women of Islamabad. Pak J Hlth. 31; 38-40; 1994.
62. Rehman M. Riaz S. Rafique. Study of Socio-Economic Nutrition and Safety of Street Vended Foods in Rawalpindi. A Report. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health, Islamabad 1994.
63. Jaffar M. Saleem M. Saleem. N. Selected Air Pollutants Monitoring and Co-relation Study for Evaluation of Air Quality of Rawalpindi / Islamabad. PSF, A- Research Report, 1995.
64. Saleem N. Saleem M. Dil. AS. Monitoring Gaseous Pollution at Murree Highway. Pakistan J. Ministry of Health. 1995.
65. Anis RA. Complementary Feeding of Infants and Young Children. Joint Report WHO Regional Office for Africa/Regional Office for Eastern Mediterranean Inter-Country Workshop. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia WHO/AFRO/NUT 96.2; 82-83; 1995
66. Saleem M. Anis RA. Riaz S. Shahazada A. Rizvi MZ. Iodized Salt Consumption in NIH Colony Islamabad. Knowledge Attitude & Practice (KAP) Study. Preliminary Report Nutrition Division. NIH Islamabad 1-10; 1996.
67. Hou WM. Ali A. Cheplinisky AB. Rat mRNA for Glutathione Reductase cDNA. Accession No. U 73174/Banklt 72659, USA. (International Gene Bank, USA) 1996.
68. Ali A. Molecular Cloning, Sequencing and Expression of Glutathione Reductase Gene from Rat Lens Epithelial Cells. PhD. Thesis, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing Medical University, P.R. China 1996.
69. Abbas S. Sultana R. Anis RA. Pervaiz F. Safdar RM. Shah J. Prevalence of Pollen Allergy in Islamabad. A Report. PMRC/ C&TDRD NIH Islamabad 1- 43; 1997.
70. Abbas S. Hameed J. Anis RA. Safdar RM. Effects of Lysine Fortification in Undernourished Population. A Report. C&TDRD NIH Islamabad 1-30; 1997.
71. Anis RA. Arslan M. Abbas S. Shabab M. Endocrine and Clinical Assessment of Thyroidal Function in Pregnant Mothers and Neonates from Iodine Deficient Regions of Pakistan. 17th Pak Congress of Zoology. (Abstract CBGP- 3, P 2) 1997.
72. Saleem M. Riaz S. Anis RA. Shahzada A. Monitoring and Assessment of Iodine in Salts Available in Local Markets. A Report. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health, Islamabad 1997.
73. Chana RA. Ali A. Riaz S. Muhammad. S. To Evaluate the Hygienic Quality of Vended Food in Rawalpindi". 2nd Microbiology Congress, Bhurban, Murree. 1997.
74. Ali A. et.al. Assessment of Salt Iodization Techniques in Pakistan: A Study of the Drip Feed and Dry Mixing Methods of Salt Iodization. A Report”, P&DD, GOP. ISSF 1997.
75. Anis RA. Ahmed F. Ishfaque G. Abbas S. Ali A. Prolactin Levels in Pregnant Women Residing in Goitre Endemic and Non-Endemic Areas of Pakistan. Pak J. Med Res. 37: 167-169; 1998.
76. Ali A. et.al. Iodized Salt Quality Control and People’s Apprehensions (KAP) Study. A Report. Nutrition Division NIH 1998.
77. Anis RA. Young Child Feeding Practices – Pakistan. . In: Complementary Feeding of Young Children in Africa and the Middle East. Editors. MC Dop, D Benbouzid, S Treche, B de Benoist, A Verster, F Delpeuch. WHO, Geneva. 317-320. 1999.
78. Saleem M. Riaz S. Ali A. Monitoring the Availability of Micronutrient Iodine in the Iodized Salt. Specialist 6:1; 7-11; 1999.
79. Ali A. et.al. Adaptation of IMCI Guidelines on Nutrition for Pakistan, Federal PIU/PHC Cell 1999.
80. Anis RA. Soomro Y. Tahir S. Saleem M. Comprehensive Survey of Nutrition Health and Livelihood Situation of Tehsil Dobandi illah Abdullah. A Research Report. CONCERN Pakistan. 2003.
81. Anis RA. National Food Safety Plan. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health, Islamabad / WHO EMRO. 2003.
82. Anis RA. National Food Safety Policy. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health, Islamabad / WHO EMRO. 2005
83. Hossain SM, Richardson L, Sullivan K, Anis RA. Health and Nutrition Assessment in Earthquake Affected Areas of Pakistan UNICEF/WFP/WHO in Collaboration with MOH 2006.
84. Anis RA. L. Zahid. Riaz S. Ali A. Athar N. Saleem M. 2006. Diet Manual for Pakistan. Nutrition in Health and Disease. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health / Nutrition Wing, Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad.
85. Anis RA. Liaqat P. Ali A. L. Zahid. Riaz S. Khan MHJ. Chaudhary F. Karamat KA. 2006. National Food Based Dietary Guidelines. Nutrition Division, National Institute of Health / Nutrition Wing, Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad.
86. Zeb A. Anis RA. Ihsanullah, Ali A. Khattak SK. Larik Z. Estimation of Goitrogenous Substances in Foods and their Relationship with the Prevalence of Goiter. A Research Report. NIFA Peshawar / Nutrition Division NIH, Islamabad 2006.
87. Zeb A. Anis RA. Ihsanullah, Ali A. Khattak SK. Larik Z. Nutritional Enhancement of Cereals and Grain Legumes through Sprouting and its Utilization as Food. A Research Report. NIFA Peshawar / Nutrition Division NIH, Islamabad 2006.
88. Zeb A. Anis RA. Ihsanullah, Ali A. Khattak SK. Larik Z. Amylose Contents of Different Food Commodities; Influence of Household Processing on the Amylose Contents of these Foods. A Research Report. NIFA Peshawar / Nutrition Division NIH, Islamabad 2006.
89. Anis RA. Ali A. Larik Z. Riaz S. Kamal SA. Karamat AK Effects of Supplementation of a Single Dose of Vitamin- A in Postpartum Women- A Pilot Study. A Research Report, Nutrition Division NIH / Nutrition Wing MOH, Islamabad, 2006.
90. Anis RA. Anjum FM. Zeb A. Paracha IP. Nutritional Trends in Pakistan with Reference to Young Children (Abstract) International Symposium on Emerging Trends in Food Science and Technology 5-8 November, 2007.
91. Liaqat P. Arshad A. Anis RA. Dietary Habits of Adolescents in Relation to their Nutritional Status (Abstract) International Symposium on Emerging Trends in Food Science and Technology 5-8 November, 2007.
92. Zeb A. Anis RA. Ali A. Estimation of Goiterogens in Foods and their Relationship with Prevalence of Goiter in Pakistani Population (Abstract) International Symposium on Emerging Trends in Food Science and Technology 5-8 November, 2007.
93. Pakistan Pure Food Act. 2006. JPRM, WHO/ MOH, Pakistan.
94. National Food Based Dietary Guidelines, NIH/MOH Islamabad, Pakistan 2006.
95. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Health Education in Food Safety, World Health Organization/EHE/FOS/88.7.
96. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point HACCP Training Course for Health Education in Food Safety. Food Safety Unit, World Health Organization, Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office, Cairo.
97. Bryan FL. Teufel P. Zaka. Riaz S. Sabiha. Fehmida. Application of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points HACCP System for the Improvement of Food Safety, World Health Organization/HPP/FNU/93.1.
Admission Notice for BS (MLT), NIH, 2016
New Rate List Nutrition 2015
PHLD Rates February 2015
Products of BPD and prices 2015
Rate list DCTMD 2015
Prospectus CMLT 2016
Admission Form CMLT 2016